Versioning Control - Prod / DEV

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 2.8.3

I have two dashboards called “Monitoring” and “MonitoringDEV”. The monitoring dashboard is used in production by end users and I am the only one to internally use monitoringDEV for development and testing. I’d like to use local git versioning control (my environment will not reach out to the internet). This will allow me to easily push changes to the production dashboard and track those changes, while having both dashboards always up and running.

The snag I’m running into is that when I create a fork of the Monitoring (production) dashboard, when the folder structure that is created in “C:\ProgramData\UniversalAutomation\Repository\dashboards” it uses the same name which doesn’t work for PSU having two dashboards with the same name.

How can I accomplish versioning control on these two dashboards while retaining the proper folder structure for PSU?

Edited the dashboards.ps1 file located in C:\ProgramData\UniversalAutomation\Repository.universal by modifying the name of the DEV dashboard appropriately. This allowed both dashboard names to match so that push/pull requests were successful.

dashboard.ps1 file:

New-PSUDashboard -Name "Monitoring" -FilePath "dashboards\Monitoring\Monitoring.ps1" -BaseUrl "/Monitoring" -Framework "UniversalDashboard:Latest" -Authenticated -SessionTimeout 0
New-PSUDashboard -Name "MonitoringDEV" -FilePath "dashboards\Monitoring\Monitoring.ps1" -BaseUrl "/MonitoringDEV" -Framework "UniversalDashboard:Latest" -Authenticated -SessionTimeout 0