Using New-UDChartJS in PS Universal

The documentation on charts here shows examples of using New-UDChartJS. I downloaded the latest nightly build (Sept 28) of Universal and installed it. However, I cannot get any of the examples to work - the page simply doesn’t show any charts.

I’m new to making dashboards with PowerShell Universal, so I may be missing something basic here. The Framework I’m using for the test dashboard is “3.1.0”.

1 Like

Can you check the dashboard’s log tab to see if there is anything in there?

Have you added the component library to the dashboard? That’s also on the info page for the dashboard.

You were correct - I needed to add the Charts component to the dashboard. Works great now. Thanks!

I am also running into an issue trying to use New-UDChartJS. Specifically, I see the message:

An error occurred: The term ‘New-UDChartJS’ is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable program.

I see the module UniversalDashboard.Charts 1.3.2 installed under Dashboard Components. Is there anything else I need to install?

Make sure you have added the component library to your dashboard. When you click details for the dashboard in question, there is a Components button that allows you to add that library to your dashboard.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the super quick reply and the clarification. I had missed the “Add components” icon on the top right corner of the dashboard page; I was going to the main dashboards page instead. After adding the UniversalDashboard.Charts component to the specific dashboard as you suggested and restarting the dashboard I am back in business. Thank you again!!