Can't Add Dashboard - 1.2.1

Hi there, I’m having trouble starting a new dashboard with PowerShell Universal 1.2.1. When I add the dashboard it does not start successfully and instead gives me the following error, regardless of which Framework I choose:

[06-16-20 08:34:06 AM] AuthorizationManager check failed. 

[06-16-20 08:34:06 AM]    at System.Management.Automation.AuthorizationManager.ShouldRunInternal(CommandInfo commandInfo, CommandOrigin origin, PSHost host)

at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ModuleCmdletBase.GetScriptInfoForFile(String fileName, String& scriptName, Boolean checkExecutionPolicy)

at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ModuleCmdletBase.LoadModule(PSModuleInfo parentModule, String fileName, String moduleBase, String prefix, SessionState ss, Object privateData, ImportModuleOptions& options, ManifestProcessingFlags manifestProcessingFlags, Boolean& found, Boolean& moduleFileFound)

at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ModuleCmdletBase.LoadModuleNamedInManifest(PSModuleInfo parentModule, ModuleSpecification moduleSpecification, String moduleBase, Boolean searchModulePath, String prefix, SessionState ss, ImportModuleOptions options, ManifestProcessingFlags manifestProcessingFlags, Boolean loadTypesFiles, Boolean loadFormatFiles, Object privateData, Boolean& found, String shortModuleName, Nullable`1 manifestLanguageMode)

at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ModuleCmdletBase.LoadModuleManifest(String moduleManifestPath, ExternalScriptInfo manifestScriptInfo, Hashtable data, Hashtable localizedData, ManifestProcessingFlags manifestProcessingFlags, Version minimumVersion, Version maximumVersion, Version requiredVersion, Nullable`1 requiredModuleGuid, ImportModuleOptions& options, Boolean& containedErrors)

at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ModuleCmdletBase.LoadModule(PSModuleInfo parentModule, String fileName, String moduleBase, String prefix, SessionState ss, Object privateData, ImportModuleOptions& options, ManifestProcessingFlags manifestProcessingFlags, Boolean& found, Boolean& moduleFileFound)

at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand.ImportModule_LocallyViaName(ImportModuleOptions importModuleOptions, String name)

at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand.ProcessRecord()

at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessor.ProcessRecord() 

[06-16-20 08:34:06 AM] Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\ProgramData\PowerShellUniversal\Dashboard\Components\UniversalDashboard.Charts\1.0.0\classes.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515) 

[06-16-20 08:34:06 AM]    at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ModuleCmdletBase.LoadBinaryModule(PSModuleInfo parentModule, Boolean trySnapInName, String moduleName, String fileName, Assembly assemblyToLoad, String moduleBase, SessionState ss, ImportModuleOptions options, ManifestProcessingFlags manifestProcessingFlags, String prefix, Boolean loadTypes, Boolean loadFormats, Boolean& found, String shortModuleName, Boolean disableFormatUpdates)

at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ModuleCmdletBase.LoadModuleNamedInManifest(PSModuleInfo parentModule, ModuleSpecification moduleSpecification, String moduleBase, Boolean searchModulePath, String prefix, SessionState ss, ImportModuleOptions options, ManifestProcessingFlags manifestProcessingFlags, Boolean loadTypesFiles, Boolean loadFormatFiles, Object privateData, Boolean& found, String shortModuleName, Nullable`1 manifestLanguageMode)

at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ModuleCmdletBase.LoadModuleManifest(String moduleManifestPath, ExternalScriptInfo manifestScriptInfo, Hashtable data, Hashtable localizedData, ManifestProcessingFlags manifestProcessingFlags, Version minimumVersion, Version maximumVersion, Version requiredVersion, Nullable`1 requiredModuleGuid, ImportModuleOptions& options, Boolean& containedErrors)

at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand.ImportModule_LocallyViaName(ImportModuleOptions importModuleOptions, String name)

[06-16-20 08:34:06 AM] AuthorizationManager check failed. 

[06-16-20 08:34:06 AM]    at System.Management.Automation.AuthorizationManager.ShouldRunInternal(CommandInfo commandInfo, CommandOrigin origin, PSHost host)

at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ModuleCmdletBase.GetScriptInfoForFile(String fileName, String& scriptName, Boolean checkExecutionPolicy)

[06-16-20 08:34:06 AM] The term 'New-UDDashboard' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. 

[06-16-20 08:34:06 AM] at <ScriptBlock>, C:\ProgramData\UniversalAutomation\Repository\Server Health.ps1: line 1

at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 1 

[06-16-20 08:34:06 AM]    at System.Management.Automation.CommandDiscovery.LookupCommandInfo(String commandName, CommandTypes commandTypes, SearchResolutionOptions searchResolutionOptions, CommandOrigin commandOrigin, ExecutionContext context)

at System.Management.Automation.CommandDiscovery.TryModuleAutoDiscovery(String commandName, ExecutionContext context, String originalCommandName, CommandOrigin commandOrigin, SearchResolutionOptions searchResolutionOptions, CommandTypes commandTypes, Exception& lastError)

at System.Management.Automation.CommandDiscovery.LookupCommandInfo(String commandName, CommandTypes commandTypes, SearchResolutionOptions searchResolutionOptions, CommandOrigin commandOrigin, ExecutionContext context)

at System.Management.Automation.CommandDiscovery.LookupCommandProcessor(String commandName, CommandOrigin commandOrigin, Nullable`1 useLocalScope)

at System.Management.Automation.ExecutionContext.CreateCommand(String command, Boolean dotSource)

at System.Management.Automation.PipelineOps.AddCommand(PipelineProcessor pipe, CommandParameterInternal[] commandElements, CommandBaseAst commandBaseAst, CommandRedirection[] redirections, ExecutionContext context)

at System.Management.Automation.PipelineOps.InvokePipeline(Object input, Boolean ignoreInput, CommandParameterInternal[][] pipeElements, CommandBaseAst[] pipeElementAsts, CommandRedirection[][] commandRedirections, FunctionContext funcContext)

at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`6.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

Would really appreciate some assistance with this, couldn’t find anyone experiencing the same problem. For extra context, I was testing out the previous PowerShell Universal Dashboard before the rebranding on this computer, do I need to uninstall something that could be conflicting? Thanks!

Are you running PSU from the ZIP file? It could be a problem with blocked files.

Get-ChildItem .\Universal -Recurse | Unblock-File 

Hi Adam, I was originally running PSU from ZIP, but ran into an issue where I was unable to sign in. I then switched to installing the MSI and the Powershell Universal admin site opened and I was able to sign in. Unfortunately, neither running that command in the dashboard’s Console nor in a new Powershell window resolved the issue for me. Am I misunderstanding something in your instructions? Apologies, still relatively new to the Powershell world.

No worries. Seems like we have some issue here so I wouldn’t worry about being new. The error message isn’t necessarily that helpful anyways :wink:

I just thought of one more thing, can you please try to unblock the files in this location:

Get-ChildItem C:\ProgramData\PowerShellUniversal -Recurse | Unblock-File

We deploy the UD frameworks to that directory when we start up so I think they may have gone there when you ran as the ZIP.

I’m going to put a issue in our backlog to do this all automatically. It shouldn’t be this hard.

Looks like that did the trick! The dashboard is starting as expected now. Thanks for your help, Adam.