Unable to open designer

Designer does not open after recent updates. No error message

Disovered the issue at v5.28.1 , did a downgrade to 5.27.2 and it works now

Hi Sandra,

Can you please check event viewer for any error messages when trying to open the designer? I thought this issue had be resolved in 5.28.1.

Thanks,
Adam

Hi Adam

Tried to see if I could find anything

Both are Visual Studio Code

Server 2016 PowerShell Pro Tools v 5.27.2 - Working

Event 400

Engine state is changed from None to Available.

Details:

NewEngineState=Available

PreviousEngineState=None

SequenceNumber=55

HostName=Default Host

HostVersion=5.1.14393.4350

HostId=e2c5387b-4280-464d-9302-82cebb0b458a

HostApplication=c:\Users\sasanoadmin.vscode\extensions\ironmansoftware.powershellprotools-5.27.2\out\windows\PSScriptPad.exe -c=c:\users\sasanoadmin\psmodules\updaterecoveruser\updaterecoveruser.form.designer.ps1 -d=c:\users\sasanoadmin\psmodules\updaterecoveruser\updaterecoveruser.form.designer.designer.ps1

EngineVersion=5.1.14393.4350

RunspaceId=47552744-b272-409f-aaae-d5b1f56f1f66

PipelineId=

CommandName=

CommandType=

ScriptName=

CommandPath=

CommandLine=

Windows 10 PowerShell Pro Tools v 5.28.1

On my windows 10 machine there’s no logs , no events that I manage to find

When I hit the «Start Designer» icon i see that powershell status strip says «starting form designer for about 4 seconds but nothing happens.

The only events captured are CCM

The designer has previously worked on both machines and I discovered the issue on Server 2016 first.

Downgraded Windows 10 to 5.27.2 and it works

Upgraded to 5.27.3 still working

Upgraded to 5.28.1 and nothing happens

I hope that helps. Tell me if you need anything specific tested

Regards

Sandra

Strange. Do you have an lucky open PSScriptPad directly? It can be downloaded here: https://psscriptpad.blob.core.windows.net/releases/PSScriptPad.x64.zip

Hi

No problem at all to open directly.

In VS Code, can you please open the PowerShell Pro Tools output pane? Are there any errors listed there?

It’s still in the process of connecting so it makes sense that the form designer isn’t open. The extension hasn’t fully activated.

We must have a problem here though since that should happen pretty quickly.

Yes it doesn’t change even if i’m hitting all buttons I can find. But older versions works like a charm and the standalone works so there’s no rush from my side :slight_smile:

1 Like