Navigation Menu goes under page content in 2.6.1

After updating from 2.5.3 to 2.6.1 (community edition), the navigation menu is displayed below the page content making the menu inaccessible.

1-menu-issue1

$Pages = @()

$Pages += New-UDPage -Name "Home" -Icon link -Content {
    New-UDRow -Columns {
        New-UDColumn -size 4 {
        }
        New-UDColumn -size 4   {
            New-UDCard -Endpoint {
                New-UDParagraph -Content {
                    New-UDMonitor -Type Line -Title "Download" -RefreshInterval 60 -DataPointHistory 50 -Endpoint {
                    }
                }
            }
            New-UDColumn -size 4 {
                New-UDCard -Endpoint {
                    New-UDMonitor -Type Line -Title "Ping" -RefreshInterval 2 -DataPointHistory 200 -Endpoint {
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

foreach ($Room in $RoomList) {
    $Pages += New-UDPage -Name "$Room" -Icon link -Content {
        New-UDRow -Columns {
            New-UDColumn -Size 3 {
            }
            New-UDColumn -Size 6 { 
                New-UDGrid -Title "$Room" -Headers $Headers -Properties $Properties -PageSize 1000 -Endpoint {
                } -ArgumentList $Room -AutoRefresh -RefreshInterval 300
            }
        }
    }
}

$dashboard = New-UDDashboard -Pages $Pages  -Title "UC Dashboard" 

Stop-UDDashboard -Port 8080
Start-UDDashboard -Dashboard $dashboard -Port 8080

@adegutis , I just released a 2.6.2 version that contains a fix to this. Another user reported it as well so I patched it up and got a release out.

1 Like

I have a similar problem with the navigation menu. After we upgrading to 2.6.2 community, the pulldown navigation menu is not displayed correctly. Something wrong with the menu background color.
Capture

Hey @Shane welcome to the UD forums. Thanks for posting your question…I have submitted a pull request to fix this on github…seeming as first time you posted you do know you can use different themes? Check see if this still exists in the DarkRounded theme as I do not believe you will have an issue with that as @PorreKaj did a great job finding any faults with that theme.

Thanks @psDevUK for the prompt response. I tried other themes come with 2.6.2 and found most of them don’t have the navigation menu issue, but something else due some color-based customizations in our application. Looks like the default theme is still the most appropriate one for us. Is there a way we can update it or when you will get it fixed?
-Shane

Hey @shane we are always happy to help in this forum and try to give helpful suggestions/answers to the problems people are having, as most likely someone has ran into that same issue before…Anyways enough rambling, I got my default theme from forking the repo and editing it here:- https://github.com/psDevUK/universal-dashboard/blob/master/src/UniversalDashboard/Themes/Default.psd1
So as a good IT technician, rename Default.psd1 to something else and place this in it’s place…or go crazy put this as a custom theme, then edit any bits to suite your needs better…@adam has done a great job documenting this module https://docs.universaldashboard.io/themes I hope this helps a brother in need. Peace

1 Like