Licensing on Azure WebApp

Actual situation:
- Community UD on Azure WebApp -> OK

Hello Everyone :grin:!

I’m just get a license.txt to migrate my old community UD on Azure but i couldn’t get it correctly…

In my case, I tried:
1. Download in local machine UniversalDashboard 2.9.0 (https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/UniversalDashboard/2.9.0)

2. Copy files from “C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\UniversalDashboard\2.9.0” to wwwroot\ of Azure WebApp (https://docs.universaldashboard.io/webserver/running-dashboards/azure#manually-creating-an-azure-webapp)

3.1 Upload license.txt into the folder (doesn’t work)

3.2 Upload license.txt into the folder and adding “$Env:UDLICENSE = (Get-Content .\license.txt -raw)” on dashboard.ps1 (doesn’t work)

3.3 Change license.txt -> license.lic and upload into the subfolder \net472 (doesn’t work)

3.4 Change license.txt -> license.lic and upload into the subfolder \net472 and adding “$Env:UDLICENSE = (Get-Content .\net472\license.lic)” on dashboard.ps1 (doesn’t work)

What could i tried???

I see on other threat this:

but doesn’t work for me

I use Set-UDLicense -License ‘PASTE LIC FROM FILE’ in my dashboard.ps1 file and works like a charm in both Azure Web App and Docker Container.

ops, it doesn’t work…
license.lic file has this content:
<License><Terms>xxxxxx</Terms><Signature>zzzzz</Signature></License>
Right?
And user-email for what?

• I added Set-UDLicense -License ./license.lic on Dashboard.ps1 and no more.
  • Module version of UD is 2.9.0, it’s okey?

I change UD version to 2.8.3, and now it’s charging the website but license is not working on it:

Update:

@adam @psDevUK

How it that possible?
{“Message”:“A server license is required to run Universal Dashboard for more than an hour.”}

I’d suggest just setting an environment variable for your Azure WebApp. If you add a UDLICENSE environment variable and then enter your license, UD should pick that up. It’s what I do for poshud.com.

2 Likes

Sorry fella never used Azure :roll_eyes: so not a scooby-doo. If it’s the same as IIS have you copied your license file to the net472 folder :file_folder:…on iPhone but believe that’s the folder

1 Like

Thanks! It seems it works now!