Issues with UD v2.9 on Azure App Service

I have had this running on an Azure App Service for a while now but it seems to have broken.

Here is my dashboard file:

$WarningPreference = “SilentlyContinue”
Import-Module .\UniversalDashboard.psm1

Set-UDLicense -License (Get-Content .\applicense.txt -Raw)

###############Login Page######################

$AuthenticationMethod = New-UDAuthenticationMethod -ResponseType ‘id_token token’ -ClientSecret ‘’ -ClientId ‘’ -Authority ‘https://login.microsoftonline.com/’ -Resource ‘https://management.azure.com/’ -PassThru -SaveTokens

#Code for Login Page
$loginpage = New-UDLoginPage -AuthenticationMethod $AuthenticationMethod -Title “”

#######################End Login Page#######################

$HomePage = . (Join-Path $PSScriptRoot “pages\home.ps1”)
$GetRbacRolesPage = . (Join-Path $PSScriptRoot “pages\rbacroles.ps1”)
$CreateRepoPage = . (Join-Path $PSScriptRoot “pages\createrepo.ps1”)

$footer = New-UDFooter

$Theme = Get-UDTheme -Name ‘Default’
Start-UDDashboard -Wait -AllowHttpForLogin -Content {
New-UDDashboard -Theme $Theme -LoginPage $loginpage -Footer $footer -Title “Cloud Team Helpdesk” -NavBarColor “#00008b” -Pages @(
$HomePage,
$GetRbacRolesPage,
$CreateRepoPage

) 

}-AdminMode

Removed sensitive information

Here is the error I see in the App Service console:

I can get to the Microsoft login page but after I sign in the dashboard is just blank:

Again, this was working but stopped working. Re-deployed App service and same thing.

an attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
this can be because the port are already taken.

What port specifically?

I think if you don’t specify a port in the ‘Start-UDDashboard’ command it will be port 80.

Ok but any idea on how to fix this on Azure App Service?

nope.

So this seems to be an issue no matter what I put on the dashboard. Anybody else experiencing issues with UD on Azure App Service? V2.9

Not seeing this myself. Poshud.com is running 2.9 as an Azure Web App and seems fine but that said, it’s not using OpenID Connect. You might want to try to enable-udlogging in the Azure App Console to see if it gives any meaningful information. The fact that it’s complaining about the socket maybe because IIS is running the app service and you’re trying to start another web server on port 80. Try adjusting your Start-UDDashboard -port parameter to something else and then run the dashboard from the Azure App Console.

Soooo this turned out to be an issue with my firewall blocking traffic to this App Service. So App service is ok . Thanks Everyone!