Is Universal Dashboard the Same as Powershell Universal?

Hi everyone,

I am new to Powershell Universal and I have a rather noob question: Is Powershell Universal the same as Universal Dashboard?

Some of posts that I am running into have some sort of code “Universal Dashboard” and when I attempt to build a dashboard from it in Powershell Universal, I am getting blank pages.

Can someone help me with this question? Thanks!

Hi, no, its not the same.

PowerShell Universal is a new product, that includes the Universal Dashboard, but also PowerShell Automation.
Its a much more complete product and you can do a lot more with your dashboards now, other than just present the data. And you can use PowerShell Automation to schedule jobs, run scripts etc.
As you can see from the screenshot below, its split up in to API, Automation and Dashboard.

https://docs.ironmansoftware.com/

Gotcha. So some of the code that I am following on the Github for Universal Dashboard may not work in Powershell Dashboard? For example, the following code in my Dashboard yeild nothing but a blank page:

Import-Module UniversalDashboard

New-UDDashboard -Title "Input - Toast" -Content {
    New-UDInput -Title "Input" -Endpoint {
        param($Text) 

New-UDInputAction -Toast $Text -ClearInput
    }
}

I got the above from the online documentation. Am I just missing something or doing it incorrectly?

And if you use the default code for a dashboard, what does it show?

New-UDDashboard -Title “Hello, World!” -Content {

New-UDTypography -Text "Hello, World!"

New-UDButton -Text "Learn more about Universal Dashboard" -OnClick {

Invoke-UDRedirect https://docs.ironmansoftware.com

}

}

Also, when using PowerShell Universal, and you enable a new dashboard, verify that what you try to do, works with the version you select, as there might be some functionality not working in different version (do not have an oversight of this unfortunately, but im sure its on the Github page / explained in the docs somewhere :wink: )