Initial IIS setup problem 500.19 Error

I am having a problem with a clean setup on a clean OS. I have been following this: https://docs.powershelluniversal.com/config/hosting/hosting-iis#hosting-in-iis but when I got to step 5 I ran into an issue with the site error: HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error which says there is a problem with the web config file. I have looked at similar topics, but there did not seem to be a resolution. My problem could be that it is server 2022, but it is still IIS 10. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is my config file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Ryan

Server version has no impact. am hosting on 2022 and 2019 no problems.

Hey RDROWN,
Have you confirmed that the pre-requisites are installed (e.g websocket protocol & aspnet core hosting bundle) and the server has been rebooted after doing so?
Can you give us some more information on your setup, are you hosting as system or service account?
Did you mean to only paste one line of your config - can you show us the whole web.config and it may be helpful to understand the settings you have configured or not configured in appsettings json too.

Thanks

Thanks for the help. I just figured out that I had been using the wrong ASP.NET download. When I got the right one everything started working.

Ryan