Google Gauge Chart

What is it?

GoogleGaugeCPU

How do I get it?

Install-Module UniversalDashboard.UDGaugeChart

How do I use it?

There are two commands to use this command, the New-UDGaugeChart this command allows you to define the height and width via parameters and the id. You then need to use the -Data parameter to actually feed the data into this component. The data parameter is a script block parameter, inside this you pass the second command for this component New-UDGaugeData for this data you must specify a label and a value via the parameters for this command. The label must be a string and the value must be an integer.

Demo

In this demo I am going to display my local CPU total amount in a 5 second interval period. The component will automatically update. This is the example which is shown in the gif of this module

Import-Module -Name universaldashboard.Community -RequiredVersion 2.8.1
Import-Module -Name UniversalDashboard.UDGaugeChart
$init = New-UDEndpointInitialization -Module @("UniversalDashboard.UDGaugeChart") -Function @("New-UDGaugeData")
Get-UDDashboard | Stop-UDDashboard
$theme = New-UDTheme -Name 'Basic' -Definition @{
  'main' = @{
      'padding-left'   = '5px'
      'padding-right'  = '5px'
      'padding-top'    = '5px'
      'padding-bottom' = '5px'
  }
} -Parent 'Default'
Start-UDDashboard -Port 1000 -AutoReload -Dashboard (
  New-UDDashboard -Title 'Powershell UniversalDashboard' -Content {
      New-UDRow -Columns {
          New-UDColumn -size 4 -Endpoint {
              New-UDHeading -Text 'Gauge Chart Example' -Size 3
              New-UDGaugeChart -Id "GoogleGauge" -Height 200 -Width 480 -Data {
                  New-UDGaugeData -Label "CPU" -Value (Get-WmiObject win32_processor | Measure-Object -property LoadPercentage -Average | Select Average -ExpandProperty Average)
              }
          } -AutoRefresh -RefreshInterval 5

}
  } -EndpointInitialization $init
)

Hopefully after seeing this in action in a demo which produced the GIF used in this post, should give you enough guidence to using this new component for UD. There are more parameters then mentioned here, you can set the RedFrom the RedTo YellowFrom YellowTo and MinorTicks, all all these parameters are integer value parameters.

If any UD members want to chip in on this component to make it easier or better to use, then the github repository for this development project is here:-

I hope you can find a nice spot on your dashboard for this new component. You will be able to monitor anything with this component as long as you can read a numerical value for the data, then set the label as a string of the object you are monitoring.
I have not played with this component loads, other than testing it works…but I am assuming this is for percentage values as the RedTo is set to 100, so either you would need to modify this or turn your output into a percentage.
Any questions please feel free to ask will do my best to answer them. Peace

4 Likes