Can you install Universal Dashboard and Universal Automation on one PC?

Is there an issue installing both on one pc?

Install-Module -Name UniversalAutomation.Dashboard
PackageManagement\Install-Package : The following commands are already available on this system:‘Get-UDContentType,Get-UDCookie,Invoke-UDEvent,New-UDBarChartDataset,New-UDBarChartOptions,N
ew-UDButton,New-UDCard,New-UDCategoryChartAxis,New-UDChartDataset,New-UDChartLayoutOptions,New-UDChartLegendLabelOptions,New-UDChartLegendOptions,New-UDChartOptions,New-UDChartTitleOptions
,New-UDChartTooltipOptions,New-UDCheckbox,New-UDCollapsible,New-UDCollapsibleItem,New-UDCollection,New-UDCollectionItem,New-UDColumn,New-UDDoughnutChartDataset,New-UDDoughnutChartOptions,N
ew-UDFab,New-UDFabButton,New-UDGrid,New-UDGridLayout,New-UDHeading,New-UDIcon,New-UDIconButton,New-UDIFrame,New-UDImage,New-UDImageCarousel,New-UDImageCarouselItem,New-UDLayout,New-UDLinea
rChartAxis,New-UDLineChartDataset,New-UDLineChartOptions,New-UDLink,New-UDLogarithmicChartAxis,New-UDMuAvatar,New-UDMuButton,New-UDMuCard,New-UDMuCardBody,New-UDMuCardExpand,New-UDMuCardFo
oter,New-UDMuCardHeader,New-UDMuCardMedia,New-UDMuCardToolbar,New-UDMuCheckBox,New-UDMuChip,New-UDMuLink,New-UDMuList,New-UDMuListItem,New-UDMuPaper,New-UDMuTypography,New-UDParagraph,New-
UDPdf,New-UDPolarChartDataset,New-UDPolarChartOptions,New-UDPreloader,New-UDRadarChartDataset,New-UDRadio,New-UDRow,New-UDSelect,New-UDSelectGroup,New-UDSelectOption,New-UDSpan,New-UDSplit
Pane,New-UDSwitch,New-UDTab,New-UDTabContainer,New-UDTable,New-UDTextbox,New-UDTooltip,New-UDTreeNode,New-UDTreeView,Out-UDChartData,Out-UDGridData,Out-UDMonitorData,Out-UDTableData,Remove
-UDCookie,Set-UDContentType,Set-UDCookie,Update-UDDashboard,Write-UDLog,Add-UDElement,Clear-UDCache,Clear-UDElement,ConvertTo-JsonEx,Disable-UDLogging,Enable-UDLogging,Get-UDDashboard,Get-
UDElement,Get-UDRestApi,Get-UDTheme,Hide-UDModal,Hide-UDToast,Invoke-UDJavaScript,Invoke-UDRedirect,New-UDChart,New-UDCounter,New-UDDashboard,New-UDElement,New-UDEndpoint,New-UDEndpointIni
tialization,New-UDEndpointSchedule,New-UDFooter,New-UDHtml,New-UDInput,New-UDInputAction,New-UDInputField,New-UDMonitor,New-UDPage,New-UDSideNav,New-UDSideNavItem,New-UDTheme,Publish-UDFol
der,Remove-UDElement,Select-UDElement,Set-UDClipboard,Set-UDElement,Show-UDModal,Show-UDToast,Start-UDDashboard,Start-UDRestApi,Stop-UDDashboard,Stop-UDRestApi,Sync-UDElement’. This
module ‘UniversalDashboard’ may override the existing commands. If you still want to install this module ‘UniversalDashboard’, use -AllowClobber parameter.
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\1.0.0.1\PSModule.psm1:1809 char:21

• … $null = PackageManagement\Install-Package @PSBoundParameters
  •                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (Microsoft.Power…InstallPackage:InstallPackage) [Install-Package], Exception
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandAlreadyAvailable,Validate-ModuleCommandAlreadyAvailable,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.InstallPackage

You have to be able to install them both. The UA Dashboard relies on UD so I’m not sure why it’s complaining. Especially since you already have it installed…

Yes seems strange. Maybe if I install UA first then UD?

I Guess because Universaldashboard is not the same as Universaldashboard.Community?
@adam you should merge the “modules” I guess the license stuff could handle which cmdlets should not work if no license? and just provide community instead?

It’s not talking about Community, so that’s what’s strange. You could try to install UD first or just use -AllowClobber when installing the module.

@McAndersDK - This is the plan for v3. UD used to just be a fork of UD Community with the added features. Now, there will be “UniversalDashboard.Enterprise” that just plugs into UD Community. The “UniversalDashboard” module will just be a stub that installs both UD.Community and UD.Enterprise but won’t include any cmdlets itself.

I actually have most of that work done. Just need to iron out some issues and we should be releasing an Alpha soon.

1 Like

I tried installing ua dashboard with -allowclobber and I’ve launched the ua server and a ua dashboard but the ua dashboard is blank only the title at the top of the page. Anyone have the same problem?

I got it working by updating the universal dashboard component if anyone runs into the same issue.