AutoStart Setting failing to save

So I have a fresh install of PSU being hosted with IIS. After fighting with WebDAV for a bit, I got most of it working fine, however when I try and enable AutoStart on a dashboard, it says sucees, but in the DevTools (I’m working on Chrome) I get this when trying to submit the settings:

Any ideas?

Seeing something similar, removing -DisableAutoStart on a dashboard causes the dashboard to get stuck in a loop starting and stopping.

This is in a Docker container

similar problem here. The Dashboard ist not restarting after saving a change.
also…if i enable the autostart option in the dashboard (edit properties) it automatically changes back to ‘disabled’ with the click on ‘OK’.

This was happening to me a while back. The only “solution” I found was what StephenFerrero mentioned, go to .universal/dashboards and delete -DisableAutoStart. Unfortunately, just like Stephen’s dashboard, my dashboard would stop randomly and for the most part it would not restart. I ended up rebuilding the whole thing.

This is happening to me as well. I first saw the issue once I upgraded to PowerShellUniversal v1.5.12.

This will be fixed and enhanced in 1.5.13.

First, we resolved the issue where it isn’t saving correctly. Second, we are adding a new setting to control the auto-reload functionality. If you remove the -DisableAutoStart parameter, your dashboard will start when the server starts but it will not auto-restart when changes are made. We’ve added a new -AutoDeploy parameter that will cause the dashboard to restart and deploy changes when files are edited.

This way you can choose if you want to automatically deploy changes to users to do it manually by restarting the dashboard but you also have the option to start the dashboard automatically when the server starts.

1 Like

This is great Adam, but do you have a list of file paths that trigger the restart? it appears to me if anything under ‘C:\ProgramData\UniversalAutomation\Repository’ is changed then all dashboards restart. This is tricky as for example we could have upload section in there that when a user uploads a file the dashboard restarts.

Would be good to know for certain what paths trigger, we can work around but publishing a different directory structure.

Thanks!

So prior to 1.5.13, if you didn’t have -DisableAutoStart set, any changes in ‘C:\ProgramData\UniversalAutomation\Repository’ will restart all the dashboards.

In 1.5.13, you can remove -DisableAutoStart and all dashboards will start when the server starts up. If you include -AutoDeploy, then any changes to ‘C:\ProgramData\UniversalAutomation\Repository’ will cause the dashboard to restart. If you don’t include -AutoDeploy, they won’t restart automatically and you’ll need to restart then when you choose to deploy a new version.

The reason we are checking for any changes in ‘C:\ProgramData\UniversalAutomation\Repository’ is that people will commonly have multiple files that make up a dashboard. We’ve considered putting each dashboard in their own folder to work around this issue but that hasn’t been implemented yet.

If users are uploading files to your dashboard, I would suggest storing them outside of ‘C:\ProgramData\UniversalAutomation\Repository’ to avoid this issue.