Dashboard AutoStart vs API Stop/Start - AutoRefresh

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 1.5.8
Universal Dashboard v3.2.5

Hi @adam I have been tinkering with AutoStart settings inside PSU and it has a great feature when i update a file associated with a dashboard, it restarts the dashboard which is great, but what i find useful is it also refreshes the user dashboard pages once the restart is complete (so the user dashboard gets reloaded automatically post restart)

If i then use an API call against the dashboard to stop (Delete) and start (Put) dashboards this does stop and start the dashboards, but it does not appear to reload pages for the users, i wonder if there is something i am missing…

$URLGetDashboard = "http://$($IPv4):5000/api/v1/dashboard/$($Dashboard)"
$StopDashboard = Invoke-RestMethod $URL -Method Delete -Headers @{Authorization = "Bearer $($APIKey)"}
$StartDashboard = Invoke-RestMethod $URL -Method PUT -Headers @{Authorization = "Bearer $($APIKey)"}

Thanks.

It’s currently just built into the auto-start. I’ll open an issue so that this works as well.

Great, this is such a powerful feature to stop dashboards getting stale, coupled with the v3 auto timeout, and for belt and braces @psDevUK UDTimeout I think we are finally covered for all timeout eventualities!

1 Like