Updated to PowerShell Tools for Visual Studio (2017) v5.7.3 getting devenv.exe - Application Error

I just installed the latest update for PowerShell Tools for Visual Studio 5.7.3 - 10-15-2020 in Visual Studio 2017 and I am getting a “devenv.exe - Application error” whenever I am doing a build with a solution that has a database and powershell project. Any ideas on what is causing this?

Do you have an app crash event log message? Can you send me the information from it?

Here is the EventData from the Windows application log:
Application: devenv.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.AsyncPackage.GetService(System.Type) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Package.System.IServiceProvider.GetService(System.Type) at Microsoft.VisualStudioTools.VsExtensions.GetUIThread(System.IServiceProvider) at Microsoft.VisualStudioTools.Project.ProjectNode+<>c__DisplayClass259_0.b__0(Microsoft.Build.Execution.BuildSubmission) at Microsoft.Build.Execution.BuildSubmission.g__Callback|39_0(System.Object) at Microsoft.Build.Shared.ThreadPoolExtensions+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.b__0(System.Object) at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem() at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch() at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Thanks. We’re looking at getting this resolved ASAP.

Will be looking forward to the update. Thanks!

This has been published and should be available as soon as it’s validated by the marketplace.

The update fixed the issue. Thank you for the quick turn around!

1 Like