UDTable not showing after upgrade -Cannot read property 'version' of undefined

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 1.5.7

I just updated to the latest version. I have a UDTable pulling from SQL that was working before, but now I get the following error:
Cannot read property ‘version’ of undefined

I have turned on debug logging and do not find this error at all. In the debug logging I do see the table data being successfully loaded, but the table never appears because of this error.

Any ideas what might be causing this error or how I might troubleshoot it?

Thanks!

same issue here, with the latest version.
so youre not the only one with this problem

just to add + 1

Glad I’m not the only one.

Tried adding an older framework (3.2.1) from the admin console but nothing happens after clicking ‘OK.’

I hadn’t thought of changing the framework, but did find if I changed my framework to 3.2.0 that it works (but, like you, doesn’t work with 3.2.1 or 3.2.4).

I apologize, I wasn’t very clear. I meant that I’m not even able to add an old framework to my frameworks. When I click “Add Framework” and enter all the information needed the framework is not added.

I have noticed the same with the “latest” version of UniversalDashboard.
If I create my own pscustomobject and populate it with content, it will show the error above.

If I put the “get-service” for example in to a variable and show this through new-udtable, the content will show as expected.

Not sure how you can fix it other than going back to the previous version of the Universaldashboard framework where it works as it should.

can one of you guys create a hashtable with his content and test this, this error is shown when the column doesn’t render anything, does all of your columns have content?
do you have columns that use the -Render property or all of the columns are basic?

do you used the server side render option or regular one ?

# $userList = Connect-Graph -access_Token $access_token -EndPoint users -All Yes | Select-Object UserPrincipalName, DisplayName, Mail
$userlist = get-service

New-UDDashboard -Title "Hello, World!" -Content {

New-UdTable -Data $userlist 

}

if I comment out the get-service line and uncomment the connect-graph command I get the error (all properties have values in them)

When $userlist is collecting service info:

and when I collect the userlist information:

Content of the $userlist:

can you specify a columns and tell me if its working

$userList = Connect-Graph -access_Token $access_token -EndPoint users -All Yes | Select-Object UserPrincipalName, DisplayName, Mail

# $userlist = get-service

New-UDDashboard -Title "Hello, World!" -Content {

$columns = @(

New-UDTableColumn -Property UserPrincipalName -Title UserPrincipalName

New-UDTableColumn -Property DisplayName -Title DisplayName 

New-UDTableColumn -Property Mail -Title Mail

)

New-UdTable -Data $userlist -Columns $columns

}

Still error, unless I create them wrong ?

what im thinking is the first time the table rendered your $userlist is empty and it make the table crashes, i need to repreduce this some how to take deeper look.
i hope i can do this in this weeken.

btw if you try using other data source does it work ?

yes, as mentioned in my example above, if I use for example get-service and display that content it shows as expected, so maybe it has to do with how the object is created ? (If I go down one version in the dashboard framework, it works fine.)

so in v 3.2.0 it’s working ?

I know I am using Invoke-SQLCmd2 to output as a PSObject and that is not working. It works fine with the older framework, though (3.2.0).

can you go back to v 3.2.0 untill we find and fix this bug ?

I was testing with 1.5.6, will try to upgrade to 1.5.7 now just to verify that it is the same there. My version that work is: 3.1.2

New-UDDashboard -Title “Hello, World!” -Content {

<#

$columns = @(

New-UDTableColumn -Property UserPrincipalName -Title UserPrincipalName

New-UDTableColumn -Property DisplayName -Title DisplayName 

New-UDTableColumn -Property Mail -Title Mail

)

#>

New-UdTable -Data $userlist # -Columns $columns

}

Works fine with and without columns specified.

Upgraded to 1.5.7:

3.1.2 works fine, all versions above this is not working.

thanks for the info, we will try to realse a fix as soon as possible