Testing PSU v2.2.0 finding issues

I have just tested PSU latest release 2.2.0 on IIS and so far below are the issues i have found

1- loading the login page ‘/admin’ will take about 6 seconds before the login box appear with username & password.

2- AppToken for logged in user has been automatically generated after navigating to configuration scripts from admin interface.

Browser dev tools screenshot below

Have you had any trouble upgrading from 2.1.2 or earlier (IIS)? Just curious as I’m seeing odd behaviour with the default environments, as in, everything is running with PS 7.1.3 and I have to delete my settings.ps1 for the app pool to start.

Feel like there are some significant breaking changes here and an upgrade path might be useful if so.

Tia

I’ve opened issues for the slow login page and app token.

I just tested the default environment on 2.2 and am not seeing any issues. Do you have an environments.ps1 file defined?

Recently, a PowerShell 5.1 update was released and since PSU uses the version name as the environment name, if don’t have an environment.ps1 file defined, it will fail to find the environment you have configured in settings.ps1. This would likely prevent PSU from starting. A log might be helpful in verifying that. The reason this happens is that PSU will auto-detect PS versions on startup if no environments.ps1 file is defined.

Interesting, I don’t have an environmental.ps1 in my current 2.1.2 build. Do I need to recreate that before upgrading?

On a side note, I’ve noticed that new dashboards are created in a new folder called “dashboards\name\name.ps1”, will this have any effect on existing dashboards that sit within the “Repository” folder?

Yeah. I would suggest creating an environments.ps1. If you just create a new environment or edit an existing one, it will generate automatically. I’ll work on getting this fix in PSU so it won’t be a problem in the future.

On a side note, I’ve noticed that new dashboards are created in a new folder called “dashboards\name\name.ps1”, will this have any effect on existing dashboards that sit within the “Repository” folder?

Nope. They will be fine. The reason it does that now is that, eventually, we will have auto-reload only reload the dashboard when files in it’s own directory change. Right now, any dashboard with auto-reload will refresh if changes are made in the repo directory.

2 Likes