Powershell Universal - Add Dashboard

Just installed Powershell Universal 1.2. This is in IIS.
Am I missing something in setup, or is the File Path missing from the “Add Dashboard” in the admin dashboard?

We removed the file path because we thought it didn’t make sense for a website to specify a local file path since you’d likely be managing it remotely. But after typing out the below, I think we need to have this functionality still…

That said, to work around this, create a new dashboard with the dialog. Name it something unique.

Now in C:\ProgramData\UniversalAutomation\Repository (by default), you can put your dashboard files in there. In the .universal folder, there will be a dashboards.ps1 file that points to the dashboard that you want to start.

Any changes made to the Repository folder should cause Universal to just reload them automatically and your dashboard should be running.

If it’s not, you can check the Info page for the dashboard and look at the log.

You can optionally just update the dashboard.ps1 and provide the full path to the dashboard.ps1. In this configuration, Universal won’t reload if you make changes to your dashboard.ps1.

I can see where you are coming from with the path change. I plan to keep my dashboard and associated pages in it’s own folder within IIS in order to easily setup CI/CD pipeline process for releases though. I would definitely like the ability to specify path more easily in the webconsole.

I also noticed that even though I’m selecting to use PS 5.1, it’s defaulting over to pwsh for the process runner. looking at the Dashboards.ps1 file to modify to load my existing dashboards, i don’t see any reference to specifying the appropriate process.

It also seems to have just completely blanked out my existing dashboard.ps1 when i modified the dashboards.ps1 to point to my existing dashboard file… :frowning:

For the PS version, you can specify the -PowerShellVersion parameter and them just provide a string string with the name of the PS Version that matches whats in PowerShellVersions.ps1.

It also seems to have just completely blanked out my existing dashboard.ps1 when i modified the dashboards.ps1 to point to my existing dashboard file… :frowning:

Ugh. Ok. I will get that looked at as well. I hope you didn’t lose work…

a bit, but it’s a lab and not as big a deal. I had commented out most of the v2 code anyway to work on the v3 refactoring. I also copied the whole dashboard to a secondary folder for the refactor, leaving my v2 code intact for now.

1 Like

woooooot so now i understand why my antd dashboard file demo was empty every time in the last couple of days, thanks to git i was restore it.

Adam, I attempted using the PowerShellVersion parameter on my dashboard i’m working on (experiencing some issues I wanted to confirm were related to my pwsh install). However, when I add it to the dashboard line in dashboards.ps1, I get HTTP 500.30 - ANCM In-Process Start Failure. If I go back and remove it, PSU starts no problem.