PowerShell Universal - 3.6.2

PowerShell Universal - 3.6.2

Release Notes

Dashboard

• Fixed an issue with the dashboard editor height
  • Fixed an issue where error line numbers were incorrect

Platform

• Fixed an issue with nested IIS sites not displaying the admin console properly
  • Fixed a 404 error in the admin console when git manual edit mode is disabled
  • Fixed the order of operations when loading authentication methods to prevent startup issues

Downloads

2 Likes

I still seem to have problems (probably since 3.5) installing updates. It gets to the point of installing the service (which it hasn’t prompted me for the credentials for the service) and fails. My only work around on this has been to rename my appsettings.json file and then fix everything afterwards (set the account the service account runs under, rename the old appsettings so it is primary, etc…).

The only message I see is in Event logs:
The PowerShell Universal service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Anything interesting in the PSU logs? If you can share the appsettings.json file, that might be helpful for trying to reproduce it.

I don’t see anything in the logs. I did send you the appsettings.json file to see if that helps. We are using a remote SQL instance with integrated login. My supposition is that your installer doesn’t know the username/password to install the service as, so it fails in the connection to SQL. Perhaps if your installer can detect SQL and prompt for username/password to install the service as?