New-UDTypography and the -Paragraph parameter

I am just curious if anyone is using this parameter on a typography, or could give insight as to how it works. Other than stating it controls “Whether this typography is a paragraph” the docs are silent on this one. In short, I am trying to create a new typography that is multi-lined; this parameter may not even be what I am looking for, but I cannot tell from the docs.

Also, being a UD element, I tried from the PSU docs to click on the link for “Legacy Universal Dashboard Docs” but this link is broken for me. Does anyone have a working link to these? Perhaps what I am after is there.

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 1.5.8

I honestly don’t know what that parameters does :grimacing:

Let me fix the link to the v2 docs and update the docs for that parameter (and figure out what it does).

In the mean time, you can use UDElement to do this with some CCS magix.

New-UDElement -Tag 'div' -Content {
         "Nice

Cool
    Great"
    } -Attributes @{
        style = @{
            whiteSpace = 'pre'
        }
    }

Thanks much, I can definitely work with that.

Hi @adam, was wondering about the history of the -paragraph parameter and New-UDTypography.

The parameter was removed in the 3.4 version of UniversalDashboard*. It seems that it was setting a boolean “IsParagraph” value to true. Would it be safe to say that we can all drop any references to this parameter in our code going forward?

We should remove this. It wasn’t doing anything in the current version.