New-UDEndpointInitialization in PSU

Hi,
i am trying to get one old test dashboard to work with PSU.

I get this error when trying to run this dashboard in PSU:
Startup: The term ‘New-UDEndpointInitialization’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file

Should intellisense work when you edit the dashboard directly in PSU? Is there also some documentation how to setup VS Code for PSU?

Thanks

Hi @skest3qc,

You don’t need to use New-UDEndpointInitialization any more. I just realized that wasn’t included in the migration doc but I’ve added that note: https://docs.ironmansoftware.com/dashboard/dashboards/migrating-from-universal-dashboard-2.9

As for IntelliSense, that’s a good point on the documentation. It won’t work in the browser yet. It’s on our backlog (along with debugging!).

If you want to get it to work in VS Code, you can install the module from the gallery: https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/UniversalDashboard/3.0.0-beta5

It’s also included in C:\ProgramData\PowerShellUniversal\Dashboard\Frameworks

Thanks Adam
I didn’t change anything and PSU is not available anymore also restarted the service without luck. How can i send you the logfile?

Regarding New-UDEndpointInitialization what should i use then? Is there any small example?

Thanks

Logs are in C:\ProgramData\PowerShellUniversal

PSU will automatically detect commands, modules and variables that you set during startup. You should just use Import-Module or dot source scripts. Everything it finds will be logged on the dashboard info page.

OK should i post logs here or send it somewhere? Maybe PSU is not working because my dashboard is not able to start, but PSU should start even if there is a failure in dashboard.

You can share them here if you’re fine doing so publicly. Otherwise, feel free to email me at adam[at]poshtools.com. And I agree that PSU should start even if the dashboard does not. Right now PSU waits to start the dashboards before starting up completely so it can take awhile for PSU to completely start. We are working on resolving that.