New-UDEndpoint / Start-UDRestApi etc. missing

Hi,

Looks like some really great software and i wanted to give it a go to understand examples i could try and apply it to.

I installed the latest version using Install-Module UniversalDashboard.Community - AcceptLicense, but there are commandlets missing, in particular the New-UDEndpoint and Start-UDRestApi commandlets.

I checked in powershell galley and the files listing indicates they should be present. I saw a comment there from you (8th Oct) saying this can happen when .Net version 4.7.2 is not present, i downloaded this and the installation said i already have a version installed that is later than this.

I have not found any documentation that would indicate i need some kind of activation or that they are not meant to be in the community version.

I am trying to run this in Powershell core through VSCode

Do you have any suggestions please ?

Usually it’s only a problem with Windows PowerShell and .NET 4.7.2. What version of PowerShell Core are you running? An output of $PSVersionTable would be helpful.

@adamdriscoll

Hi there, thanks for your reply and im sorry about the delay in responding to you again. I was assigned to another project for the last couple of days and so could not progress this until now.

The computer is a Windows Server 2K12 hosted in Microsoft Azure that i use for my development workstation.

My psversiontable information is as follows:

PSVersion 6.1.0
PSEdition Core
GitCommitId 6.1.0
OS Microsoft Windows 6.3.9600
Platform Win32NT
PSCompatibleVersions {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0…}
PSRemotingProtocolVersion 2.3
SerializationVersion 1.1.0.1
WSManStackVersion 3.0

Some further testing however revealed some more context. something extra strange, but it appears that the commandlets only fail to import from within VSCode’s powershell environment. If i load the pure powershell console then a import-module -name universaldashboard.community; get-command -module universaldashboard.community reveals that the commandlets are loaded ok.

Despite trying to think through the differences (there cant be many) and trying a few things i still cant get the commandlets to appear in powershell core through VSCode.

Any suggestions would again be appreciated.

Kindest regards,

Stuart.