How to set Autofocus for loginPage

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 2.7.2

Hey everyone,

I’ve customized a forms login page. Everything works great, but how do I set autofocus to the Username text box?

Before adding page links with New-PSULoginPageLink, I’d have to press Tab once to have the focus on the Username textbox. Not what I’d like, but pressing Tab once is not too bad. Once I added the PSULoginPageLinks I now have to press Tab 4 times to reach the Username textbox.

I’ve tried using Select-UDElement at the bottom of the loginPage.ps1 file, but that doesn’t work. I’m not seeing a CCS option, and everything seems to point to doing this with HTML5, but I don’t have control over the HTML to add autofocus.

To note, I got -ID “normal_login_username” by inspecting the element in the browser. There may not actually be a UD Element with the ID “normal_login_username”.

How do I set autofocus to the Username text box, in the loginPage?

$loginPage = @{
    Image = "<URL to Logo File>"
    Title = "<Your Title>"
    PrimaryColor = "<Your Color>"
    SecondaryColor = "<Your Color>"
    PrimaryFontColor = "<Your Color>"
    SecondaryFontColor = "<Your Color>"
    HeaderFontColor = "<Your Color>"
    HeaderColor = "<Your Color>"
    CssStylesheet = "<Path to your CCS File>"
    Links = @(
    New-PSULoginPageLink -Text '<Friendly Text>' -Url '<URL to link to>'
    New-PSULoginPageLink -Text '<Friendly Text>' -Url '<URL to link to>'
        )# Links
    }# $loginPage

New-PSULoginPage @LoginPage

Select-UDElement -ID "normal_login_username"

You won’t be able to use UD commands to do this. I think we should just fix this in the product. I’ll open an issue for this.

2 Likes

Roger that, and thank you for opening an issue for it.

After upgrading to 2.8.0 today, I found the focus on the login page is now on the username box. Awesome!

2 Likes