How do i get my list to scroll?

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 4.0.12

My list runs out of the paper, how do i get it to scroll?

New-UDPaper -Elevation 5 -Style @{height = '500px' } -Children {
        New-UDList -Content {
            New-UDListItem -Label 'Inbox' -Icon (New-UDIcon -Icon envelope -Size 3x) -SubTitle 'New Stuff'
            New-UDListItem -Label 'Drafts' -Icon (New-UDIcon -Icon edit -Size 3x) -SubTitle "Stuff I'm working on "
            New-UDListItem -Label 'Trash' -Icon (New-UDIcon -Icon trash -Size 3x) -SubTitle 'Stuff I deleted'
            New-UDListItem -Label 'Spam' -Icon (New-UDIcon -Icon bug -Size 3x) -SubTitle "Stuff I didn't want"
            New-UDListItem -Label 'Inbox' -Icon (New-UDIcon -Icon envelope -Size 3x) -SubTitle 'New Stuff'
            New-UDListItem -Label 'Drafts' -Icon (New-UDIcon -Icon edit -Size 3x) -SubTitle "Stuff I'm working on "
            New-UDListItem -Label 'Trash' -Icon (New-UDIcon -Icon trash -Size 3x) -SubTitle 'Stuff I deleted'
            New-UDListItem -Label 'Spam' -Icon (New-UDIcon -Icon bug -Size 3x) -SubTitle "Stuff I didn't want"
        } -Id 'list1'
    }

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘scroll’ these components do not have the capability of a scroll bar out of the box, so you’d need to use something else for that.

But in this case, you are defining a New-UDPaper with a fixed height of 500px, but then putting more components in it that have a greater height and therefore thats why it’s spilling out, you’d have to remove the height and let it naturally size to fit the components.

One component that I’m aware of that does have scrollable functionality is the New-UDTab component so that might be worth a try and switching it to vertical if needed.

I’m assuming that you’re not running on version 1.4.6 here since thats years old :melting_face:

ugg, i fixed it, 4.0.12.

I guess i need a scroll bar container?

@adam,

is there a way to create New-UDScrollContainer? or add -Scroll to the New-UDPaper?

My Workaround

New-UDPaper -Elevation 5 -Style @{'max-height' = '95vh'; 'overflow-y' = 'auto' } -Content {
#list
}

@adam, however the scrollbar is not themed :frowning:

Use this on New-UDTransferlist, with hundreds of items, but I need to get down to see the transfer buttons, can I get the scrollbars on each list object of the transfer-list?

1 Like