Has anyone integrated reCAPTCHA on a page?

Hello!

I was curious if anyone has successfully used reCAPTCHA on a UniversalDashboard page?

If so, would you be willing to explain how you did so?

Thanks,

Madi :cowboy_hat_face:

Hey @madis it’s a random question but a good one! Never even personally thought of ever trying to implement one into my dashboards as I use a login page linked to Active Directory. So curious why would you want a captcha on your dashboard? As I thought these were to prevent bots. Anyways I done a quick goodle search and there seems good documentation here:-

so if after trying that and your still stuck…still thinking why would you want to use a captcha? Not saying it’s not a good idea…just curious…

Thanks for the reply! I want to implement reCAPTCHA to prevent false registrations on the registration portion of the site I’m working on. I will check out the link and let you know how it goes!

Hi @madis you know there is validation on the input controls yeah? So you can verify the text entered before it is submitted…just a thought might be a hell of a lot easier than going the captcha route…plus that was my web url hit…looking at more seems you got to modify JS files etc, I cannot see that materialize has incorporated this already…but personally you might be creating a rod for your own back…I know @adam looks out on these forums like batman does on gotham city…so he might be able to share his personal expertise on this matter?

Apologies, I don’t think false registrations was very descriptive.

I am looking to prevent bots/scripts from flooding my registration page with fake form submissions.

I already have validations on the data entered on the form, checking email, username, password requirements and such. Is that what you mean by input controls? If so, that sort of input validation is not the source of my desire to use reCAPTCHA.

ok well see what batman says, here is another link I found:- https://www.thesitewizard.com/general/add-captcha-to-feedback-form-script.shtml seems to point to googles captcha service…but you may find other underlying universal dashboard files may need to be changed to get this to work…I mean you could give it a go, or raise it as an enhancement request…not knowing your situation, but depending on your rights etc, you could maybe have a captcha site that simply forwards you onto the universal dashboard site, as that would save having to try and implement it within the UD setup just a thought :thinking: