Getting started on macOS

So, I’m just kicking the tyres on PSU and I’m running into a few issues on macOS.

• the path to PSU server doesn’t get appended to the PATH var properly - semicolon instead of colon. I’ve managed to work around this
  • my current issue is that I can’t get past the login page. I was previously able to do so but now I can’t. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled everything: universal and universal dashboard modules; server binaries. I get the login page up and running (Start-PSUServer -Port 5000), but when I submit ‘admin’ and password for initial login the page just refreshes (204)
Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 1.4.6

Can you please post a log file? The log file location is listed in the appsettings.macos.json file. I have a feeling it’s throwing and error and failing to login.

The other thing to attempt is to clear your browser cache and delete your data folder (also listed in the appsettings.macos.json file).

Here’s a link to the log. It was too long to post here.

I’ve got past the login issue by deleting the data like you suggested.

My issue now is that I can’t get the ‘test1’ dashboard to run.

Any idea what you think the problem might be?

@marsontret Can you please check in Settings \ Environments and let me know what’s listed in there?

From $PSVersionTable

Name : PSVersion
Value : 7.1.2

Name : PSEdition
Value : Core

Name : GitCommitId
Value : 7.1.2

Name : OS
Value : Darwin 19.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 19.6.0: Tue Jan 12 22:13:05 PST 2021; root:xnu-6153.141.16~1/RELEASE_X86_64

Name : Platform
Value : Unix

Name : PSCompatibleVersions
Value : {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0…}

Name : PSRemotingProtocolVersion
Value : 2.3

Name : SerializationVersion
Value : 1.1.0.1

Name : WSManStackVersion
Value : 3.0

It’s certainly failing to start the dashboard or the dashboard is starting and immediately stopping for some reason. I do see some errors in the log about Object Reference but I think the root cause actually happened before that. I had a hunch that maybe the environments were missing but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Can you send the full zipped log to support@ironmansoftware.com?