Creating a docker container image for UD

Here’s an example of how I create docker container images for UD. It uses the Microsoft base image for PowerShell and then copies in all the UD components I want plus my dashboard and starts it up.

4 Likes

Cool!
You oughta add a base image to docker hub that just boots up a empty dashboard :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Adam, first of all great job Powershell dashboard and Powershell Tools. I’m using both products already for some time, but now I want to start a building a complete new framwork for my management based on Powershell Dashboard and Powershell Tools.

I’m setting up a Visual Studio code installation with remote container development. So thanks a lot for this article. Can you please let me, do I need to install the enterprise license on the docker where i’m programming to or on the remote developer client?

Kind regards,
Arjen QiQQ

You will need to install the UD license into the container the PoshProTools license on your VS Code machine in this configuration.

Thanks Adam. I did always use a remote rdp app, so I was having the posibity’s running on the speed of the server and needed connections. But because I want to make a fresh strat, I will strart using the remote development > container option.

Do I need to install PoshProTools in the remote Visual Studio client or the local client?

Honestly, I’m not sure :slight_smile: I don’t know how the extension hosting workings for remote development containers like that. I’ll have to play with it and get back to you.