Button Color missing in Azure Web App (UD 2.8.3) when in Grid

Hey Guys,

Another strange one here - I noticed when upgrading to 2.8.3 the button color is gone for buttons I have within Grids but only running in Azure Web App.

When I load the 2.8.3 Module and Dashboard locally it works as expected, but if I roll back UD to 2.8.1 the colors come back.

Expected (Running Locally on 2.8.3 or Azure Web App 2.8.1)
Not Expected (Azure Web App on 2.8.3)

Hi @mylabonline

Can you please share some code about the button theming?

Hi @mylabonline
This is a bug in 2.8.3

Resolved in the latest nightly releases :slight_smile:

If you don’t want to run nightly, you can use the -style hashtable to specify the background-color which should work correctly.

Ahh good to know. Yes I was starting to add a css styling to the button, but felt like a lot of unnecessary work as I have dozens and dozens of buttons all different colors :expressionless:

@augustin.ziegler My code is simple

New-UDButton -Flat -Icon edit -FontColor '#A400AB' -OnClick { 

I will try out the nightly on a development web app see if were good :slight_smile:

thanks!

Maybe its somehow related to this bug - https://github.com/ironmansoftware/universal-dashboard/pull/1504

@BoSen29 maybe you can have a look …

I think it might - I didn’t see this post when I created this new one.

Downloading nightly now - will post back results later.

thanks

I also noticed that the Signout button is present in Azure Web App as well. I’m using OpenId with PassThru but now the Signout button is present.

2.8.3 seems to have had some changes done to it that impact running UD in Azure Web App, but not sure why :frowning:

This will maybe help you out https://github.com/ironmansoftware/universal-dashboard/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

@augustin.ziegler
You linked the PR where i fixed this issue, the fix is in the nightly ones :slight_smile:

Forgot to add this to the changelog… adding a PR now!

Sorry @BoSen29 have not seen your reply … Must be at the same time :smiley:

But your fix is about the background color and not the font color … Or am I wrong?

@augustin.ziegler
Fair point!

The Fontcolor shouldn’t have any issues as far as i can see @mylabonline, does it function properly outside the grid?
Can you try to shift-f5 refresh the page? Another browser? I know the patch didn’t go along with the clientside caching, so a hard refresh might be required.

hey - yeah it works fine outside of the grid, and i did a SHIFT+F5 and tried it in Edge

Hey Everyone - Now with 2.9.0 I found that the -BackgroundColor does not work as all my buttons have gone back to the default green color.

Hi @mylabonline
Did you hard refresh it? shift F5?
Same across browsers?