Basic question about supplying objects to chart components

I think this is going to come across as a really basic question, but ive looked at multiple examples and the docs and im unsure whats going on.

I need to understand better exactly what it is that we’re supplying the chart components with. is it an object? im assuming its more a collection of objects (so in powershell terms an array of custom objects).

ive managed to draw what i wanted with an array of objects. just wondering if im on the right lines.

thanks

Yeah, you’re on the right track, pipe a collection into Out-UDTableData and specify the properties for each object in the collection you want.

Example:
Assume that $arr is a collection of objects that all have a Property1 and Property2 property

New-UDTable -Headers @("Property1Header", "Property2Header") -endpoint {
    $arr  = [some method of populating your array here]
    $arr | Out-UDTableData -property @("Property1", "Property2")
}

To give you a real-world example, this is what I use to populate our call center dashboard:

New-UDTable -headers @("Name","Status","Duration","Calls Answered","Average") -BackgroundColor "#121f1f" -FontColor 'orange' -endpoint {

$date = get-date
                $filePrefix = "$(($date).month)"+"."+"$(($date).day)"+"."+"$(($date).year)"      # month.day.year,  ex: 2.17.2019
                $src = gc P:\Reporting\IPlex\CallStats\$filePrefix-stats.JSON | convertFrom-JSON

$src |sort callsAnswered -descending | foreach-object{

if($_.status -eq "Available")
                    {
                        [PSCustomObject]@{
                            Name             = $_.user
                            Status           = New-UDElement -Tag 'div' -Attributes @{style = @{color = $_.color}} -content {$_.status}
                            Duration         = $_.statusTime
                            AverageTalk      = $_.averageTalk
                            TotalTalk        = $_.totalTalk
                            CallsAnswered    = $_.callsAnswered
                            E1sAnswered      = $_.e1CallsAnswered
                        }
                    }                        
                    else
                    {
                        [PSCustomObject]@{
                            Name             = $_.user
                            Status           = New-UDElement -Tag 'div' -Attributes @{style = @{color = $_.color}} -content {"$($_.status) - $($_.callerNamed)"}
                            Duration         = $_.statusTime
                            AverageTalk      = $_.averageTalk
                            TotalTalk        = $_.totalTalk
                            CallsAnswered    = $_.callsAnswered
                            E1sAnswered      = $_.e1CallsAnswered
                        }
                    }

} | out-udtabledata -property @("Name","Status","Duration","CallsAnswered","AverageTalk")
            } -autorefresh -refreshinterval 5

Note:
$src is a collection of objects that have the following properties:
Name,Status,Duration,AverageTalk,TotalTalk,CallsAnswered,E1CallsAnswered

That all produces this table:

I’ve got examples of graphs and such, let me know if I can help in any other way

1 Like

delayed response, but thanks for the reply. good example, i got what i needed from it. thanks.

1 Like