2.0 Access Controls

We have recently upgraded to 2.0 from 1.6 Beta 4. I was wondering do I need to create the accessControls.ps1 in the /Repository/.universal folder as I do not see it in the folder for me to edit.

Does the access controls only apply to custom roles or can you modify the built-in roles as well? The reason I am asking, I am using AD Authentication, but when I change an account to a custom role it cannot login for some reason. I am assuming there may be an issue with my roles.ps1 file, but I can open a new topic for that. :slight_smile:

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 2.0

You’ll need to create the file if it does not exist. Here’s the documentation for this: Access Controls - PowerShell Universal

You can’t apply the access controls to built in roles. They are only for custom roles. Custom roles won’t be able to view the admin console if they have no access controls defined. They should be able to login to view assigned dashboards.

1 Like

@adam
Can you spin a new nightly so i can test the fixes you have marked for v 2.0.1 and let you know if there is still an issue.

Thank you

Sure thing. It’s running.

Thank you

Confirmed fixes are working

1 Like