Access Controls Question - Save Button Missing

Hi All,

I’m attempting to setup some access controls based on tags. I’ve successfully gotten it to work on the desired tags with my accessControls.ps1 file, using a custom role that ties to a specific AD group, and have given it “View”, “Edit,” and “Create” (1 -bor 2 -bor 4) access. I’m sure I probably have those in the wrong order or wrong combination, but the scripts do not have the ability to save changes, the save icon is missing when logging into an account that meets the criteria.

accessControls.ps1 below, Role and Tag names modified in this post for security:

New-PSUAccessControl -Role 'CustomRole1' -Tag 'Red Tag' -Type (1 -bor 2 -bor 4)
New-PSUAccessControl -Role 'CustomRole1' -Tag 'Teal Tag' -Type (1 -bor 2 -bor 4)

The scripts tagged as “Red Tag” and “Teal Tag” do show up in the view, but when they are opened, no save button is present:

Can anybody help me understand if I’m missing something, or if this is intended? We’d really like to be able to give certain users the ability to maintain only their own scripts without given them access to everything in the UI.

Thanks so much!

Tim Jacobs

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 2.2.0

This seems like a bug to me. I’ll open an issue and investigate. If there is a work around or a fix we need to introduce, I’ll update this thread.

1 Like

Thanks, @adam! I just remembered, there also isn’t the ability to create new scripts, there isn’t a “New” button of any kind on the first screenshot I posted above. Again, very likely chance I’m doing something wrong, but thought it may be related.

1 Like

Hello adam,

I always have this problem with PSU4 beta2 or with PSU3.8.11.
In both cases, I have linked PSU with SQL Server.

No creation or backup button is displayed.

This post is already two years old, did you find the cause of this problem?

It’s because you are using manual git sync mode. If you click the edit button on the toolbar, it will show the editing controls.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your feedback.
I think this post can be closed, right?

Thomas.