Text size/styles etc... Formatting Examples?

Anyone outthere have any formatting examples willing to share? For starters I’m not in anyway a css nor html guy, but In my dashboards I currently have many pages that I would like to control formatting independently, so probably something in the beginning of the New-UDPage sounds promising, did manage to use New-UDTheme and provide it definition hash (after a fun time with f12 and looking at styles/elements on the page) but that only made things hairier and changed things for the entire dashboard+pages… hope this makes sense . How are others managing this? Anything in the right direction would be appreciated.

DT

You can create complete HTML elements with New-UDElement, complete with a -Attributes Parameter if you need to custom style your text.

See: https://docs.universaldashboard.io/components/custom-components/powershell-elements#static-elements

1 Like

This is great, will check this out later today, but my thing was, how do you control say fonts for a group of new-udcard for example? And a different font for the text inside the cards? But at the same time keep my chart fonts as is or set them to something else…

I dont know about the fonts but if you want i created a plugin for ud that let you write pages in markdown and you can style all most every thing.

Here is an example using UniversalDashboard.Markdown

Download from PSGallery
Download from Github

2 Likes

Nice work! BTW, noticed you made a ton of high quality commits to the project, just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work.

Fonts not a biggy, was just interested in styling bold, size etc… for charts, cards and text/links, for sure this IS pretty cool… going to mod a few pages using this and see how it goes thanks and awesome work!

@AlonGvili, can this be used to control styling of components in ud?

Ammmm no its create component of markdown that you can style

No problem, and thank