Stuck trying to setup SAML2 auth with Duo

I’m trying to setup saml2 auth with Duo. I think I have the data entered correctly between duo and the authentication file, but I keep being presented with:

2022-11-09 14:22:17.371 -08:00 [ERR] Connection id “0HMM2H853F1EH”, Request id “0HMM2H853F1EH:00000019”: An unhandled exception was thrown by the application.
System.InvalidOperationException: No authenticationScheme was specified, and there was no DefaultChallengeScheme found. The default schemes can be set using either AddAuthentication(string defaultScheme) or AddAuthentication(Action configureOptions).

I’m sure I’m missing something, but it’s not obvious to me.

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 3.5.6

Are there any other errors in the log? It seems like the SAML authentication method wasn’t happy with the configuration settings provided and isn’t configured. I think you may have opened a support case as well so feel free to send them there.

Can you post the fields that are to be populated (redacted) please?

Universal Config:

Duo Config:

I think I map the name attribute here?

I didn’t map any groups to actually attempt to actually SSO yet. I assumed I’d get the redirect to duo or something at least first. instead I’m getting a 500 error from the server when I try to browse to it.

Thanks all.

Geeze… I’m an idiot. If I do it with just the required fields, IT WORKS! Wow! lol :slight_smile:

1 Like