Storing and importing users credentials

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 2.8.0

My users are required to log in before accessing the dashboard. Somewhere along the way of continued development, I have lost my secret vault on the sever that is hosting PowerShell Universal. I see all of the users’ credentials in the PSU admin console under Platform - Variables but the warning message states that the secret does not exist in the vault (the vault itself does not exist).

• What is the latest version of the Microsoft Secret Management module that is compatible with PSU 2.8.0? Does this get installed automatically?
  • What are the requirements to configure the dashboard to store the credentials in the vault so that they can be referenced during script execution, and therefore run the script with the user’s credentials?

Drew

When downloading the Secret Management module as a nuget package, the folder structure is incorrect and requires adjustment. After correction, module is ready for install:

Incorrect folder structure :
C:\Users\ username \Documents\PowerShell\Modules\Microsoft.PowerShell.SecretManagement.1.1.2\Microsoft.PowerShell.SecretManagement.psd1

Correct folder structure :
C:\Users\ username \Documents\PowerShell\Modules\Microsoft.PowerShell.SecretManagement\1.1.2\Microsoft.PowerShell.SecretManagement.psd1

Still troubleshooting why the module is not available during dashboard runtime. Tracking that issue here: Secret Module Cmdlets Not Found