PSU 2.4 - Editing schedule does not pull current schedule

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 2.4.0

When editing a schedule, for instance to pause it (love the new feature, thanks!) it doesn’t pull the existing job times. If you were to edit a schedule to pause it, you could potentially wipe out the existing schedule.

Example:
I set up this test script on a cron job to run at 8AM on mondays

if I click EDIT and (1) go to the Cron tab and then (2) click the paused option, the cron I had saved gets wiped out by the new expression.

Would it be possible when editing a schedule for it to pull the existing schedule?

That’s a bug. I’ve opened an issue here: Issue editing schedule · Issue #569 · ironmansoftware/issues · GitHub

I would expand on this, that it may not be saving changes at all. I created a one time schedule to test a call, and I go to edit the schedule, and as mentioned, all the values are blank except the name of the script, including the date/time to run, and the parameters to the script. I fill in all the values, and save, and then when I go to the configuration file (schedules.ps1) the values are not changed.

As a side note, I have required parameters in the script, and when running manually it knows that these need to be entered, however the schedule page allows me to not enter a value for a required parameter.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll have to take a look at what’s going on here.

When using Cron for scheduling it will save changes for me. When using the Simple option and swapping between options it will not change the schedule.

I just updated to 2.6.2 and this still seems to be an issue for me. I can add a schedule, and then if I go back in to edit the schedule, all the values for parameters are blank. And if I save it with the current settings, it will actually save with two $ for switch params, which it then won’t read it back in and it gets removed from the list of schedules. I can fix it by going back into the schedule.ps1 and fixing the command and then it shows back up.