.psd1 not being created in current directory

.psd1 file is not being created in the current directory, and if there is one in the current directory, it will create in AppData/Local/Temp instead. If I create a package.psd1 in the same folder, one in Temp will be created and used instead.

Hey @wrexxor,

I just reproduced and fixed this. Version 5.6.4 will be available in about 30 minutes with a fix.

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s related or not, but when trying to run a script with New-Installer, I am getting “cmdlet New-Installer at command pipeline position 1” and asked to supply values for Output Directory and Content, even when supplying the information in the script. I tried using the example here and get the same issue.

This seems unrelated but I’ll take a look. Seems like a bug.

Just to make sure it wasn’t my system, I threw together a VM and received the same. Just to confirm, I just run the .\ScripttomakeMSI and it should convert and bundle?

Hey @wrexxor,

It looks like there was some weird formatting on the docs site that was inserting an extra newline character in that example. I’ve fixed it and this should work.

New-Installer -Product "My First Product" -UpgradeCode '1a73a1be-50e6-4e92-af03-586f4a9d9e82' -Content {
    New-InstallerDirectory -PredefinedDirectory "LocalAppDataFolder"  -Content {
       New-InstallerDirectory -DirectoryName "My First Product" -Content {
          New-InstallerFile -Source .\license.txt
       }
    }
 } -OutputDirectory (Join-Path $PSScriptRoot "output")

Ah, yup that did it, I had the Newline in my test as well. Thank you for the Help!

1 Like