Issue with Script to Exe Conversion: Embedding Another Exe

While attempting to convert my script into an executable format using your tool, I noticed that it fails to work properly if it contains another executable (exe) which I intend to run simultaneously while the script is in operation. To better understand the issue, I searched for the embedded exe filename when the main script was running, but I found no matches.

Considering this, I have a few questions and requests:

1. Is this a known limitation of the tool, or is there a specific way to embed another exe within a script that I may not be aware of?
  2. If it’s a limitation, are there any plans in the pipeline to address this in future updates?
  3. In the meantime, could you suggest any best practices or workarounds that could help me achieve my desired functionality?

I appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to your guidance.

Best Regards

I would like to improve some points in the psd1 file.
It would be way better if Root would really be just the root path or if (and if possible, support variables)

E.g. like this:

Root       = "$PSScriptRoot"

Script = “MyScript.ps1”
OutputPath = ‘.\out’
Package = @{

ApplicationIconPath = ‘.\Icon.ico’

ApplicationIconPath only supports Full path… which is also a downside. Everything needs to be hardcoded which I would not expect.
Trying to pack an Exe in a different WorkingDirectory wont work unless I am changing the Working Directory or use fully defined paths.

Original Issue not resolved. It seems everything gets delete while running. it might be beneficial to have an option flag to avoid / skip this behaviour.

Ah I didnt know that you could script within the psd1 file.
I added this at the top of the file and it works like a charm.

$Search = ‘myscript.ps1’

$File = Get-ChildItem -Path (Get-Location) -Recurse | Where-Object { $_.Name -eq $Search } | Select-Object -First 1

$ProjectPath = $File.DirectoryName
$BaseName= $File.BaseName
$FullName = $File.FullName

Absolutly no response? Hm… :confused:

Wow…absolutly nothing… great. :weary: