Powershell Universal 3.2.6 - Dashboard fails to start

I just upgraded from PSU 3.2.2 to 3.2.6, and a previously working dashboard fails to start with the errors below… I did not have this issue upgrading it from 2.11.1 - 3.2.2. I decided to update from 3.2.2 because I could not get New-UDDataGrid to work (even using the examples from the documentation)

Waiting for dashboard information…
Dashboard information received. Starting dashboard.
Creating services.
C:\ProgramData\UniversalAutomation\Repository\Base-Functions.ps1
C:\ProgramData\UniversalAutomation\Repository\dashboards\IT Helpdesk\Functions.ps1
C:\ProgramData\UniversalAutomation\Repository\APIFUnctions.ps1
D:\Universal\Modules\UniversalDashboard\3.13.1\UniversalDashboard.psd1
dbatools
SnipeITPS
Failed to get dashboard. Assembly with same name is already loaded System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException
Inner Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException
Dashboard configuration complete.

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 3.2.6

I ended up removing version UniversalDashboard 3.13.1 from the modules folder (leftovers from updating I’m sure)…

Waiting for dashboard information…
Dashboard information received. Starting dashboard.
Creating services.
C:\ProgramData\UniversalAutomation\Repository\Base-Functions.ps1
dbatools
SnipeITPS
C:\ProgramData\UniversalAutomation\Repository\dashboards\IT Helpdesk\Functions.ps1
C:\ProgramData\UniversalAutomation\Repository\APIFUnctions.ps1
D:\Universal\Modules\UniversalDashboard\4.2.4\UniversalDashboard.psd1
Failed to get dashboard. Assembly with same name is already loaded System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException
Inner Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException
Dashboard configuration complete.

This is running in this environment…

I then tried switching it to the Integrated environment, and it worked. Only problem with this is my dashboard has some pretty intensive Endpoints, so I’m using a separate environment per Best Practices…

There was also this while trying to run a test job…

I then went to uninstall 3.2.6, and saw 2.11.1 was still listed as installed. I uninstalled 2.11.1 and 3.2.6. After reinstalling 3.2.6 it seems to be working…

Not sure why this particular version had a problem, but it seems to be resolved.

1 Like