Offline Installation?

Hi all,

I have a server that I am trying to install my dashboards onto, the only problem is that it does not have an internet connection for security reasons.

Is there an offline method that I can use to install the module without the internet? I have searched the forums but have not found anything.

Thanks!

Graeme

Hello, never had that need but I could imagine that its working with Save-Module - copy to server - Install-Module

https://powershell.org/forums/topic/download-powershell-module-for-server-offline/

Hope this will help you out

2 Likes

I did this by just manually downloading the nupkg package from the powershell gallery. Extracting with 7zip and copying to my modules folder and my IIS folder.

Alternatively if you dont want to mess about with 7zip, just use install-module on a PC you do have connectivity from. Then copy the module folder for UD under: ‘C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules’ from you machine, to the offline machine, in the same location.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I have used the save-module and then copied it to c:\program files\windowspowershell\modules and it works perfectly.

Thanks again!

1 Like