Git Sync Broken since 3.3.4

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 3.3.6

A couple weeks back I had tried upgrading to version 3.3.4 and got hit with that bug that caused the Sync service and the admin dashboard to not load. I rolled back to and older version and got my admin dashboard working but Git sync was now failing.

I updated today to ver 3.3.6 but unfortunately my Git sync is still broken. I have tried using the Reset button in the Git settings and re-entering them but it is still failing to initiate the sync. I would like to keep all the Git history so far and not have to blow the repo away.

Any info on what original bug was in 3.3.4 for the sync interval, trying to figure out what it may have broken.

What errors are you seeing when it tries to sync?

Logged on this morning and it seems to be working again. :man_shrugging: I believe it was a CRON error, guessing the sync intervals may have been messed up but I guess it resolved itself with enough time.

1 Like

This is happening to me on 3.3.6 and 3.4.1, error is 403.

3.4.1 is a new server, new gitlab repo.

2022-10-17 12:18:04.991 -04:00 [ERR] Failed to sync: request failed with status code: 403    at LibGit2Sharp.Core.Ensure.HandleError(Int32 result) in C:\actions-runner\_work\universal\universal\src\libgit2sharp\LibGit2Sharp\Core\Ensure.cs:line 154
   at LibGit2Sharp.Core.Proxy.git_remote_fetch(RemoteHandle remote, IEnumerable`1 refSpecs, GitFetchOptions fetchOptions, String logMessage) in C:\actions-runner\_work\universal\universal\src\libgit2sharp\LibGit2Sharp\Core\Proxy.cs:line 2289
   at LibGit2Sharp.Commands.Fetch(Repository repository, String remote, IEnumerable`1 refspecs, FetchOptions options, String logMessage) in C:\actions-runner\_work\universal\universal\src\libgit2sharp\LibGit2Sharp\Commands\Fetch.cs:line 80
   at LibGit2Sharp.Commands.Pull(Repository repository, Signature merger, PullOptions options) in C:\actions-runner\_work\universal\universal\src\libgit2sharp\LibGit2Sharp\Commands\Pull.cs:line 37
   at UniversalAutomation.Git.GitService.Pull() in C:\actions-runner\_work\universal\universal\src\Universal.Server\Services\GitService.cs:line 386
   at UniversalAutomation.GitSyncService.TrySync(GitStatus status, Boolean force, GitSettings settings) in C:\actions-runner\_work\universal\universal\src\Universal.Server\Services\GitSyncService.cs:line 152
   at UniversalAutomation.GitSyncService.Sync(Boolean force) in C:\actions-runner\_work\universal\universal\src\Universal.Server\Services\GitSyncService.cs:line 91