Git stuck in Manual Mode

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 3.8.1

I just updated to version 3.8.1 in an effort to resolve issues with Git not working. After doing a reset and starting with a clean repo I have it syncing but noticed I cannot change it from Manual mode to Automatic.

I have my settings via the appsettings.json file. Have tried manually editing the file and while I can see things like interval will change, the mode will not. Have also tried switching back to Manual to confirm I have discarded or saved any edits.

Anyone else having this issue?

We also had this problem once. My guess for the cause in our case was that I had the Powershell Universal configuration temporarily written to the database.

After I had cleaned everything up and set it up again, the problem no longer occurred. It has to be said that we were not yet live at that time and hardly any things were configured, but maybe it can be cleaned up more specifically via individual database entries.

Thanks, I’ll give that a try. I’ve noticed the database settings seem to be very sticky. I always use the appsettings file but they seem to keep getting populated.