Files that aren't Scripts

Looking for some guidance here, folks.

In my current (not yet ported to PSU) suite of scripts, I have a folder called “templates” in which I keep .html and .txt files that are used as templates for generating documents. For example, I might have an HTML template that I do a text replace in to prepare a nicely-formatted HTML email.

What’s a good way to manage that sort of file in PSU? Logically it should be a “Templates” folder in the root of the Repository, but is there a way within PSU’s UI to nicely manage those? The only thing I can think of is the Settings → Configurations page, which is essentially a file explorer.

Anyone else doing something similar and have any tips they’d like to share?

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 3.1.6

Aside from displaying the files and editing their contents, what other features would you like? Are you looking for a different page or something?

Honestly I think the “Configurations” page does the job. I’ve used it to create a “Templates” folder inside the Repository folder and an HTML file inside there to serve as an email template. I just thought I’d put the post out there in case there was some cool trick I hadn’t thought of! :slight_smile:

That’s the same as what I do.

1 Like