Extra Persistent Database Support

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 4.0.x

@adam,

What do you think about adding other db support to your persistent db solution?

The reason i ask is because of GCP.

What about AlloyDB, you think that would be possible?

Matt

I’m interested in this as well. I was exporting my cache into an xml file and loading that back into the cache when the dashboard was loaded. But I would like something a little more database-y. We use Google Workspace, so I was looking into the Google Cloud offerings and BigQuery.

I was playing with the Google Cloud Tools Powershell module a little bit yesterday with the idea of moving that data over to BigQuery.

That also makes me excited about all the other ways I could leverage and access that data within our Google environment or using other tools such as App Sheet.

If I’m able to play around with that, I can try to share if I get time. I’m not sure how interacting with a DB works with PSU, as I haven’t done it yet but have looked at some of the examples in the past.

Is there anyone running PSU in GCP?

I would be very interested to hear what it’s like and how it’s done.

To get to AlloyDB I suspect CloudSQL functionally would need to be proven as working first.

In my opinion, PostgreSQL is definitely the way to go. I look forward to seeing support for other databases begin to be added, so I can start working with these technologies.

We are tracking this here: Support for PostgreSQL / other database technologies · Issue #1801 · ironmansoftware/issues · GitHub

We’d like to release a NuGet package to allow for custom DB implementations.

1 Like