Dashboard Log shows previous days

The dashboard log shows previous days logs not just current running log.
While it is kind of nice to see previous runs, however, there is no scroll bar on the log making it difficult to quickly see the information I need to see.

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 2.1.2

I’ll open an issue for this. I haven’t noticed this before. Can you let me know which dashboard settings you have set (Auto-deploy\auto-reload, etc)?

I have auto-start & auto deploy on. Authentication is enabled and set to 3 builtin roles along with 2 custom roles. Everything is set to default or latest.

Restarting the service did clear the log.

EDIT: Now it does not seem to be keeping the log. Trying to restart the dashboard results in:

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

I just logged in not too long ago, so it shouldn’t be an invalid session.

Can you try to turn off auto-deploy to see if the behavior changes?

1 Like

Seems to be clearing now.
I was getting a bunch of script errors in my log as well, but nothing was changed. I haven’t changed anything but restarting the dashboard a couple of times resolved it. It was saying I missed a bracket, so I looked through the entire dashboard code and matched all the brackets just to be on the safe side.

1 Like

@Adam - I checked after doing a lot of returns researching why I am getting errors and the logs have started showing all previous runs today again. I checked to make sure Auto Deploy is disabled, but I did notice when I click save it redeploys my dashboard anyways? I thought with auto deploy that I would need to restart the dashboard.

Hey @Mike27,

It shouldn’t be auto-deploying if that is off. Can you do me a favor and check in the dashboards.ps1 file to ensure that there is a -DisableAutoDeploy flag specified on your New-PSUDashboard call?

@adam

There is only ‘AutoDeploy’ flag specified on that dashboard. Looking at the GUI, it shows auto deployed too, but I am positive I disabled it.