I’m on 2.9.0, server CPU is an Intel Xeon Silver 4215
How do you typically troubleshoot resource usage? I have a dashboard that needs to be killed and restarted 3-4 times a day because it sends the server’s CPU usage to 100% and holds there.
Is this a known issue? Are there things I can look out for that typically cause UD to get stuck like this? The dashboard isn’t particularly heavy or intensive, nor is it very computationally complex. I have some UDCharts, UDGrids, UDinputs and UDTables, as well as some invoke-sqlcmd2 calls. The server usually hangs out around 15-20% CPU utilization but after a few hours of running this one dashboard it goes through the roof.
If this is a known issue, are there any tips on ways to automate restarting this dashboard? I’m in kind of an uncomfortable situation because I convinced executive leadership to move some processes and procedures to a dashboard I wrote and now I’m having to keep an eye on the server to restart the DB every couple of hours
Depends how you hosting your dashboard, like I use IIS so I can stop and start my dashboard say every morning at 04:00am when no-one would be using it, using a powershell scheduled job. I know Adam Driscoll released some thing for visual studio code, and I downloaded it, and it showed you the amount of endpoints you had running…this kind of made me not use endpoints as much as I was. I been reading this forum long enough and have seen other posts on this type of issue.
At a guess it is going to be one of your endpoints you have re-occuring every X amount of time, that add-on for visual studio should show this…You also need to make sure you give all your endpoints -id parameter to identify the one that is causing the issue…I hope this gives you a start in troubleshooting it
I then used task scheduler to run the script every 2 hours (with a -noexit flag to keep the console window open, of course). The task will find the running dashboard, kill it, and spawn a new one. This should hopefully eliminate the possibility of CPU hitting 100 after 3-4 hours.
Obviously the ideal solution is to host in IIS, but that would probably take a full day to set up and I can’t spare that full day at the moment