PUD - Memory Usage creeping up - CPU @ 100% during refreshes

HI All

New to UD

What is the best way to stop memory usage from increasing over time. I assume its because of the cache variable and the fact that i run auto refreshes etc ?

I have read on this forum that i need to null out my cache variables and then run a [gc]::collect()
but this is not working … the memory usage just keeps going up.

What is the correct way to deal with this in UD ?

Any advice ?

EDIT: Seems that garbage collection is helping . . .i think. would still like to know the correct procedure. I also see CPU usage at 100% when the endpoint(s) refresh . . .

I run UD as a service on a windows server

What are you doing in your endpoints? Some code might be helpful to diagnosis the issue.

Hi Adam

Here is what i am doing - this is all just proof of concept at the moment - I’m creating a dashboard for various Exchange Metrics ( Queue sizes, Database availability groups so far )

I’m reading in CSV files with the raw data as the Exchange server(s) I’m querying is remote and not reachable by the UD server.

I find that editing the powershell script and saving ( which triggers the -Autoreload of the whole script ) causes the memory to increase a lot faster than just sitting there auto refreshing the columns etc…

I cannot paste the code here as it doesn’t render properly. Can I mail it to you ?

Thanks

Sure: adam[at]poshtools.com

DId you get to the bottom of the cause of this one? I’m having the same issue

Hi

No I have not used the product for a while now. Sorry.

The developer did say that he was bringing out new versions of the script, but I don’t know if that fixed the issue.

Maybe email him and ask ?

Kind regards