Could Someone Give me Guidance on Integrating APIs in PowerShell Universal Dashboard?

Hello there,

I am working on a project where I need to integrate multiple APIs into a PowerShell Universal Dashboard application. While I have experience with PowerShell scripting; this is my first time delving into Universal Dashboard; and I could use some guidance on best practices and potential challenges.

What are the recommended approaches for handling authentication with APIs within a Universal Dashboard application? Are there any security considerations I should be aware of?

How can I efficiently retrieve data from APIs and display it within different components of the dashboard? Should I use PowerShell cmdlets, direct REST API calls, or a combination of both?

Is it possible to implement real-time updates in the dashboard when new data is available from APIs? If so, what are the recommended techniques or tools to achieve this?

What are some best practices for error handling, especially when dealing with API timeouts, authentication failures, or data parsing issues?

Also, I have gone through this post; https://forums.ironmansoftware.com/t/the-ultimate-guide-to-building-rest-apis-with-powershell-ccsp/ which definitely helped me out a lot.

I have already explored the basic documentation and examples provided by Ironman Software; but I am keen to hear from the community about practical experiences and any pitfalls to avoid.

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance. :innocent: