Can't rename a script (on Azure)

I’m including the “on Azure” qualification but I don’t know if that’s part of the issue.

When I click “edit” on a script and change its Name, the script is not renamed when I click OK. No errors in the log, and no error toast popups - the script is unchanged.

Is there a known issue renaming scripts? I can delete it and make a new one, but it’d be nice to be able to just rename it. If we’re not supposed to be able to rename, perhaps the name textbox could be read only when editing to prevent confusion.

Cheers,
Matt

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 2.6.0

This is a bug. I’ll open an issue for it.

1 Like

Saw this as well but thought it was just me. Ended up just creating a new script with the new name, copied code, and just deleted the old one as a workaround.

1 Like

Kinda sorta on-topic, @adam - is there an easy way to remove a subfolder, or move scripts from one folder to another? I made a subfolder simply called “Subfolder” to test something, and now I can’t see how to delete it.

Not from the UI. You’ll have to delete it from the file system at the moment.

1 Like

This bug is still present in 2.7.2
The bug is baffling for a new user: You expect there is something wrong with your environment, not that something as basic is broken for everyone.

(I could not find a related github issue)

I’ve opened an issue for this and we will get this resolved in 2.8.