Can't get a basic endpoint to work (PSUD version 4.0.2)

I’m at my wits end. I’m relatively new to PSUD and scripting in general but I’ve followed the basic tutorial for hours now. I reinstalled PSUD several times and now i’m trying the latest latest version after trying 4.0.1. I even install Vscode after trying the native PSUD GUI. Here’s what I tried:

I created an endpoint (GET) with no authentication as follows:

New-PSUEndpoint -Url "/hello" -Endpoint {

"Hello"

}

And then, in the Vscode terminal window I issued this:

Invoke-RestMethod -Uri "http://localhost:5000/hello" -Method GET   

Which resulted with this error in the terminal window:

PS C:\ProgramData\UniversalAutomation\Repository\.universal> Invoke-RestMethod -Uri "http://localhost:5000/hello" -Method GET      
Invoke-RestMethod: The method or operation is not implemented.
at , : line 2
at , : line 1

Before, I was attempting to do a more complex script but failing that, I decided to do the simplest thing I could and even this is not working. My next step will be to downgrade to something before even version 4.0.1.

Any help would be great. Thanks

If you’re in the endpoint editor, you don’t need the entire cmdlet. Just add “hello”

1 Like

Thanks Adam. I did eventually find this out before this post but I figured if I understood how this works I could better understand how to construct the more complex PSUEndpoint call. Can I ask why in the YouTube video tutorial it seems that you use the whole expression? I also followed along using VScode and followed what you did in VScode connected to PSU, with much different results.

I figure if I understand that, then the documentation would make more sense for someone like me who’s not as experienced. Thanks for responding btw.

For me when I got using this product is that yeah it’s like powershell on steroids. Anything is possible. I always think of dashboards as sections of 12 like a maximum of 12 tiles. So say I go 6 by 6 so half half. Then the endpoint you define in each section will only update that specific section of the webpage with the code you run to dynamically fetch the information every x amount of seconds you specify. To save refreshing the whole page you can refresh certain bits. But also remember that you don’t always need an endpoint. There is new-udaDynamic and the good old trusty new-udelement. Then as long as you provide the ID parameter then you can dynamically update stuff with set-udelement. As ideally the less endpoints the less demanding your dashboard will be

1 Like

That helps me conceptualize things a bit better overall thanks @psDevUK.

1 Like

That was pretty much all i had to do, not name the cmdlet directly while in the UI. That video i was following that you made was really throwing me off. But I guess the reason you were able to explicitly call those cmdlets from VScode was because you were working directly within a ps1 file and not the UI. Still a bit confused but I don’t care, it’s working for me now. Thanks again Adam