Can no longer connect to Azure with Connect-AzAccount

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 4.1.7

Hey PSU folks,

Today I decided to upgrade from 4.0.9 to 4.1.7, and now PSU can no longer connect to Azure using Connect-AzAccount. I keep getting the following error:

Entry point was not found. Could not find tenant id for provided tenant domain ‘x-x-x-x-x’. Please ensure that the provided service principal ‘x-x-x-x-x’ is found in the provided tenant domain.

I get this when a page runs Connect-AzAccount using a service principal.

Connect-AzAccount -TenantId $tenantId -Credential $creds_Azure -ServicePrincipal -Subscription $defaultSubscription -ErrorAction Stop

However, the exact same command works when run from the PoSh 7 shell and from VSCode .

I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a solution readily available?
  2. How can I roll back a PSU installation for MSI install? I see instructions for install and upgrade on the Ironman site, but not for roll back. I backed up my UniversalAutomation folder prior to upgrade. Is it as simple as uninstalling current version, overwriting the UniversalAutomation folder with the backup, then running the MSI installer for the previous version?

I should mention that I’m running PoSh version 7.3.8 and the latest Az.Accounts module version 2.13.1.

Thanks,
Rob

Update…I restored the VM from the previous day’s image backup, and I can now connect to Azure using Connect-AzAccount with a service principal again.

Although image restore is possible for me, anyone know what the proper process is for roll back in a situation where the updated version is causing problems; using MSI for install?

Thanks,
Rob

There’s a known bug for this which will be fixed in 4.2 (currently fixed in the 4.2 beta).

I believe the issue was traced to an SQL client package.

I would advise you stay on your current version until 4.2 is out.

Sounds good. Thanks @Matt.Harris