Automation Job Logs Truncated

Product: PowerShell Universal
Version: 3.0.3

I’m noticing numerous jobs where the Log Output has been truncated, usually it’s along a line boundary but I’ve had at least one job where it was midway through a line (Eg: Write-Information)

The relevant scripts do appear to actually complete as their effects beyond these points were evident.

Unfortunately, I have no idea on cause, nothing seems to correlate.

If I use the Copy button from the Output pane, I sometimes (usually?) get the full log, I think it truncates visually on Warnings or Error entries.
@adam

I haven’t noticed this myself but I opened an issue to track here: Job Log is truncated in the UI · Issue #1315 · ironmansoftware/issues · GitHub

We’re running 2.8.1 and I can confirm I have seen this behavior since earlier versions of PSU. Sometimes the log cuts off in the middle of a job even though the job ran to completion (if I check the results of the script e.g. a user object modified, file/folder modified, etc.).

As an example, I almost always include a final “exit” line to know the script reached its end, but that final Write-Information line was truncated/ignored: